Junior Hardware Engineer
Are you a recently qualified Engineering graduate, maybe with a few years experience under your belt, looking for something juicy to get your teeth into?
If you feel a burning desire deep down in your stomach to take on more of a challenge, work on exciting projects that truly make a huge impact on the world, and play a pioneering role in the hottest fitness-tech startup of 2015, then keeping on reading...
Amongst all the thousands of companies exhibiting at CES in Las Vegas in January 2015, VentureBeat described SmartMat the "stand-out product" of CES. We have big plans in motion, an awesome team of fun and motivated people, and we want YOU to be part of it.
As the Junior Hardware Engineer, you will work with the Software, Engineering and Marketing teams on projects to bring new cutting-edge products to market, owning the product from prototyping to mass production.
You'll be doing this kind of stuff:
- Contributing to Hardware product requirement definition, design, optimization, validation and product release
- Communicating with component manufacturers to optimize output & resolve potential hardware issues
- Contributing to & optimizing SmartMat’s core architecture
- Optimizing & developing innovative data transfer & analytics algorithms in close collaboration with software & analytics team
- Debuging, resolving & mitigating data transfer protocol & issues
- Triage and debug issues, working with EE and FW engineers
- Optimizing performance, durability power, integration and cost
- Reproducing hardware issues
- Drafting diagnostic requirements for design verification and mass production testing
- Identifying and sharing new product ideas
If you're the right fit, you'll probably think "YES, THAT'S ME!" for most of these:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for sport fitness and/or technology
- Proven success in bringing cutting-edge consumer electronics products to
- Comfortable with working with non-centralized teams across Asia, Europe &
- Proven ability to lead and manage through influence
- 3+ years experience in innovative consumer hardware design
- Engineering degree or proven industry experience
- Experience developing hardware for connected devices a plus
- Experience with Bluetooth and other wireless standards
- Passion for Yoga, alternative sports, and making the world a better place
Sounds like you?
Get in touch with us right away, and let's make magic happen!
Please submit your resume, work samples, projects/portfolio to us at firstname.lastname@example.org