Lead Hardware Engineer
Oh hey there, good lookin'. If you're reading this, you're probably a talented Hardware Engineer with 7+ years of experience and a passion for cutting-edge technology.
You want to do something BIG with your life... develop revolutionary products that make a huge impact in our world and be the Most Valuable Player in the most exciting fitness-tech startup of our generation. Does that strike a chord?
Amongst all the thousands of companies exhibiting at CES in Las Vegas in January 2015, VentureBeat described SmartMat the "stand-out product" of CES. We have big plans in motion, an awesome team of fun and motivated people, and we want YOU to be part of it.
As the Lead Hardware Engineer, you will work with the Software, Engineering and Marketing teams on projects to bring new cutting-edge products to market, owning the product from prototyping to mass production.
Your responsiblities include:
- Lead Hardware product requirement definition, design, optimization, validation and product release
- Manage cross-functional HW development team on relevant projects
- Negotiate & Communicate with component manufacturers to finalize deals, optimize output & resolve potential hardware issues
- Identify and evaluate new product ideas & line expansions
- Co-lead (along with SW lead) & optimize SmartMat’s core architecture
- Optimize & develop innovative data transfer & analytics algorithms in close collaboration with software & analytics team
- Debug, resolve & mitigate data transfer protocol & issues
- Plan and execute sprints to optimize performance, durability power, integration and cost
- Draft diagnostic requirements for design verification and mass production testing
- Identifying and sharing new product ideas
If you're the right fit, you'll probably think "YES, THAT'S ME!" for most of these:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for sport fitness and/or technology
- Proven success in bringing cutting-edge consumer electronics products to
- Comfortable with working with non-centralized teams across Asia, Europe &
- Proven ability to lead and manage through influence
- 7+ years experience in innovative consumer hardware design
- Engineering degree or proven industry experience
- Experience developing hardware for connected devices a plus
- Experience with Bluetooth and other wireless standards
- Passion for Yoga, alternative sports, and making the world a better place
Sounds like you?
Get in touch with us right away, and let's make magic happen.
Send your resume, work samples, projects/portfolio to us at email@example.com